COME TO MAMA
Monday, 16 July 2012
Look at my latest Etsy win! I'm not sure if it's authentic but it was a decent price and it's pretty old, so I figured it doesn't really matter. Cannot WAIT until it arrives. I plan to wear it with my pink shorts suit and a ponytail. YESSS. I've found some real treasures on Etsy over the years, including a pair of bright pink Versace trousers from the '90s, a Proenza-esque neon yellow jacket, Anita Ko-style handmade stud earrings, vintage Jaeger polka dot palazzo pants and a Marant-alike red track t-shirt. I thought I'd share some of my current likes, as well as my massive Etsy regrets. Enjoy!
1. The Ultimate Etsy Regret. The Chanel blouse that Carrie Bradshaw wore in the SATC episode with the comic book shop owner - REMEMBER?! I actually saw it was on reserve, bought it, and then got a telling off from the Etsy seller who said it was already gone. DISASTER. It still hurts now.
2. Love this '60s mini dress, especially the cut-out waist. It's available here.
3. The perfect pink bomber jacket! Love this little guy and would snap him up myself if I could.
4. This is my second biggest Etsy shopping regret. A vintage patchwork fur that reminded me of the Marant from a few seasons ago. It was only about £80 and looks like it's in fantastic condition. Sigh.
5. I'm a sucker for anything personalised, and this little ring is no exception. Etsy is a treasure trove for handmade jewellery, especially those teeny weeny earrings and super-fine rings and chains that I can never seem to find elsewhere.
6. An insanely cool Chanel sweater and sadly already sold. Why did I hesitate?! WHY?!
7. I love the weird artifacts you can find, like this knee tickler. Yes, that's right.
8. I didn't buy this maxi dress and it's probably for the best. I've got a few crazy maxi dresses and jumpsuits that I have bought with the vision of wearing with a turban for 'soirees'. Turns out I don't go to that many soirees. It's a bitchin' dress though.
P.s. I'm thrilled to have been shortlisted in the Established Fashion Blog category in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards! Your vote would be gratefully received. If you wanna help a gal out, please vote here. And while you're at it, please vote for my lovely friend and fellow blogger Anna and South Molton Street Style.